After self-assessment and identification of 3 priorities, villagers started to clean up their canal even before the development of their action plan.
On the 15th December 2021, local facilitators proudly shared to The Constellation coach Sirinate Piyajitpirat that:
1. They received funding support from the Provincial Governor for their ‘100-Year Old Market’ preservation, promotion as ‘Smart Tourism’;
2. The canal is cleaned every Thursday;
3. The community action plans have been integrated in the sub-district development plan;
4. There are currently 7 key/active volunteers in the community;
5. They are trying different ways to make use of the ‘water hyacinth’.
Please contact us, if you know of a good use of water hyacinth.
Kindly shared by the Lumsi community and Sirinate Piyajitpirat.
Between March 2020 and June 2021, volunteers from the ASEAN Institute for Health Development (AIHD) in Thailand learned how to facilitate the community health competence process. Lumsi is one of the communities where participants put SALT-CLCP into practice.